Sunderland Aquatics Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pesky snails

3 posters

Go down

Pesky snails Empty Pesky snails

Post by PaulStanton Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:39 pm

Could people give me some advice and ideas on how to get rid of snails in my Aquarium. I am over run with them at the moment

I have two clown loaches which i thought would eat them, but don't at all!.
I have tried putting a small container in my tank with cucumber in, to attract the snails so i can remove them. But my fish just eat it Laughing

Any further Ideas??
Crying or Very sad
PaulStanton
PaulStanton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pesky snails Empty Re: Pesky snails

Post by dave_c Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:15 am

you can get snail killer sure SA will have some phone dave or dan and ask. You have to remove all the shells etc to stop them rotting in your tank my clown loach cleaned all my snails i dont know why yours wont what kind of snails are they i think you can get another type called assasin snails which kills other snails
dave_c
dave_c

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:04 pm

Yeah clown loaches are the boys normally so not sure why yours are not doing the job. I have sold the assassin snails before in the shop but after using myself I think u would need a good few to see a real difference. In future when you buy plants give them a blast under the tap to try and wash off the snail eggs this is normally how they enter your tank.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down