Sunderland Aquatics Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dead fish :(

4 posters

Go down

dead fish :( Empty dead fish :(

Post by mat.knott Sat May 02, 2009 10:52 am

Hi dan,

one of them pink fish we got from you has died Sad it looks like somthing has been having a go at it alough this migh have been after it died...

does the shop have a guranteed period for fish to live?

currently we got it in the freezer as wasnt sure if needed to keep it or not!

mat.knott

Back to top Go down

dead fish :( Empty Re: dead fish :(

Post by Dan Tue May 05, 2009 4:16 am

Very sorry to here that one of your fish has died Sad
But we have no guaranty on marine fish because there are so many things that can go wrong Question .
Bring some water with you and i will give you 10% off your next fish best i can do unfortunately Embarassed .
Hope this helps Dan Smile
Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Carly Thu May 07, 2009 2:18 am

HI Dan,
no worries about that, these things happens.
Guess we done well to only loose one fish and a sea hare.

The new arrivals are great, no problems there.
The little fella says that multi coloured thing looks like a fish that has a tattoo, and thinks the urchin is hilarious cos it has a bum on it's head!! Razz

Still dunno half of what we got in there, i know we got 2 shrimps, a clown fish and an urchin, after that it's a pink strwaberry thing, a tattoo fish and a spikey fish lol Rolling Eyes

oh, can i check, did we ask you to oder a pair of those pecular clown fish (is that what theyre called???)

Cos we definatly want them. BUt I had me hearing aids in that day so missed most of what was said ha ha.

(£2 grand for hearing aids that I hear better without Shocked )

Carly

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Thu May 07, 2009 2:42 am

Hi
Nice to here that the little fella likes the fish with the tattoo's it's called a manderin if you want the pair of clowns you will have to bring the clown fish that you already have back because they will just fight all the time till one of them die Crying or Very sad .

And for them hearing aids what a wast of money Wink just think what you could of got with that 2grand lol!
Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by mat.knott Thu May 07, 2009 2:20 pm

a marine tank for me lol!

mat.knott

Back to top Go down

Post by Carly Fri May 08, 2009 12:12 am

mat.knott wrote:a marine tank for me lol!

HA! not a chance!!!!

i DID offer to pay for what you need to change your current tank to marine, when we first went into the shop, and you said no! SO NER tongue

ok, so we can bring nemo's dad (lol!) back and get nemo and his brother Surprised

Carly

Back to top Go down

Post by Carly Fri May 08, 2009 12:14 am

oh hang on, didnt all nemo's brothers and sisters get eaten?????

Carly

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fri May 08, 2009 2:39 am

ha ha yes they did Sad

So it will be nemo and one of his cousins that you will be getting i guess scratch

Or by the way your light bulb is here Mat.
Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevinuk32 Sun May 10, 2009 11:20 am

Please say that you have NOT got a Manderin in your tank already? These fish need a very well established tank to live. They do not, hardly, take any food that we put in the tank but live off pods and the like that a well established tank supply. Also, please slow down on how fast you intoroduce your live stock... slowly, slowly, catchy monkey... NOTHING happens fast in a marine tank. You may be lucky and get away with fast stocking but 9 out of 10 times you will crash and burn Sad.

Please take some time and reaserch the fish that you would like to add as it will save time and heart ache in the future.

Here are some good links for information about stock...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_marine_aquarium_fish_species
http://www.liveaquaria.com/

I may sound as thou` I am having a pop at you but this is NOT my intention.. I am just trying to save you money, heart ache, loss of stock and mostly.... suffering for marine life that is not needed.. after all, they didnt ask to be in your tank so its upto us to give them the best chance we can Smile

Kev Smile

Kevinuk32

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevinuk32 Sun May 10, 2009 11:23 am

Dan wrote:Hi
Nice to here that the little fella likes the fish with the tattoo's it's called a manderin if you want the pair of clowns you will have to bring the clown fish that you already have back because they will just fight all the time till one of them die

Not true Dan,

if they are young you can introduce another and they will be OK. Juvi Clowns can and will stay unpaired for months and months and I have known of people having 20/30 young clows for months. Now, unless your stock in the shop is 6+ months old, I bet you dont house them in pairs Wink

Kev Smile

Kevinuk32

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Mon May 11, 2009 4:12 am

Hi
yeah i know that juvi clowns can go to gather but she is after a pair of true Percula clowns and the one she's got is a tank breed Ocellaris that's what I'm worried about Wink

Dan cheers
Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down